Rossendale Road Club
Minutes of Tuesday, 29th October 2019 at The Jolly Sailor, Waterfoot
Present: Derek Schofield, Pauleen Schofield, Linda Felton, Paul Warrener, Adrian Watts, Patrick Michael, Tony Bowler, Roy Flanagan, Richie Watts, Damien Ludlow, Lisa Greenwood
- Club rides
Thursday night proposals for September (repeated for October):
31st Oct Cliviger, Tod and Bacup
Rides for November to follow previous ‘winter’ rides ie. with street lighting. Adrian to advise.
- MTB event
To attract more entries, the 2020 event will be held earlier in the year, possibly on a Saturday. AW to confirm.
- Club Trophies
PW to advise details of 1st, 2nd and 3rd places for trophies.
Agreed that awards are only presented for winners of each trophy. 2nd and 3rd placed to be recorded.
Secret vote taken for Clubman of the Year – to be presented at the Club Dinner.
4 no cups are past their best – to be replaced with shields (18” model in catalogue)
Past winners to be engraved on rear of new shields.
- Club Dinner
AW confirmed only available date for Sykeside is Friday 22nd November, and is now booked.
DS has prepared a light hearted quiz for the evening.
Ken Whitehead (Master’s World Team Pursuit champion) has kindly accepted an invitation to attend the dinner as a club guest and to present trophies.
AW has issued the menu, to be returned by latest Wed, 20th November.
Meal booked at 7pm for 7:30.
- Annual General Meeting
It is proposed to hold the AGM on Tuesday 26th November. Whitewell Community Centre proposed as a possible venue – AW to check out a contact.
DS will also check out Marl Pits pavilion and Sports Club as possible alternatives.
- AW asked for ideas to increase off-road interest for youth riders, via Rocky Riders. DS offered to place article in Free Press. DS/AW to prepare.
- Tool and Book libraries now set up for loan by members. DS will administrate.
- GW has now confirmed a NWCCA event at Marl Pits on 18th Jan 2020, under the banner of the RRC. A rosta for helpers has already been issued by GW. Possible additional help will be needed on Friday 17th Jan for course preparation and marking out.
- RF noted long term roadworks between Rosegrove and Hapton may reduce traffic on the club’s 10m TT course during 2020. To be checked.
- DS queried which affiliations are required.
Agreed as CTT, British Cycling, NLTTA (to included L&L Spoco)
DS to action.
Date of next meeting
AGM 8pm, Tuesday 26th November Venue to be confirmed